Special Events & Programs
Plan your dream beach wedding or other special events in Galveston.
Galveston’s Beach Parks have several types of locations that may be perfect for you.
Beachfront spaces with unobstructed water views are the most popular at Stewart Beach Park and R.A. Apffel Beach Park. There is also available sandy beach space at Dellanera RV Park for small occasions and a rocky shoreline water view of Galveston Bay at Seawolf Park.
To get started and check availability, please complete the Special Event Application.
A copy of this application should be emailed to email@example.com at least 30 days in advance.
R.A. Apffel Beach Park
Beachfront event space for beach weddings and events. Rental rate is $250 for a 3-hour period and $75 per additional hour. Located on the west side of the park approximately 300 yards from the pavilion. Event area is approximately 80 feet wide by 40 feet deep.
Covered open-air pavilion deck space with picnic tables. Capacity is 150 people. Rental rate is $600 for 4 hours and $125 per additional hour. Rentals only available after public hours and must be completed no later than 11 p.m.
The open-air pavilion at R.A. Apffel Beach Park is available for rental after public hours of operation.
Dellanera RV Park
Beachfront event space for beach weddings and small events. Rental rate is $250 for a 3-hour period and $75 per additional hour. Events must be completed by 9 p.m. On-site parking for event attendees is not available. We recommend the event coordinator rent a Shuttle service for guests.
This family friendly park provides 6 picnic structures available on a first come first serve basis or can be reserved with a reservation. Picnic structure rental rate ranges per structure.
Small Event Pier
Jetty event area with a rock backdrop overlooking the water on the bay side of Galveston Island. It is a tranquil location for outdoor weddings and small events. Rental rate is $250 for a 3-hour period and $75 per additional hour.
The Galveston Park Board invites visitors and island residents to experience our parks on a meaningful level.
Our goal is to connect every member of Galveston's diverse community to essential programs, services and spaces that advance health equity, improve health outcomes and enrich your time here.
Mon Jun. 5
Mon Jun. 5
Tue Jun. 6
Wed Jun. 7
Wed Jun. 7
Thu Jun. 8
Thu Jun. 8
Fri Jun. 9
- Galveston beaches follow the State of Texas Open Beaches Act regulations which states the public has the free and unrestricted right to access Texas beaches. The public cannot be dissuaded from accessing the beach, and therefore the Park Board does not have the ability to guarantee a private, unobstructed event.
- The Park Board cannot provide a guarantee on the location due to factors such as weather, high tide events, public access, bird nesting, etc. which could require staff to relocate the event.
- Parks are not available for reservations during holiday weekends.
- R.A. Apffel Beach Park may have limited availability due to our dedication to environmental stewardship and protecting local wildlife during nesting seasons.
- Reserved beachfront areas will be maintained and cleared of debris.
- All fees on these public beaches cover costs of beach cleaning and maintenance and event preparations at the beach park. Fees do not include planner/coordinator services, equipment, chairs, canopies/tents, utilities, catering, entertainment, decorations, or any other amenities.
- By City Ordinance, no alcohol is permitted at Stewart Beach Park.
- Tentative reservations have 30 days to confirm. Once a reservation is confirmed, then an agreement will be drafted for the client to sign. Terms, requirements, and guest code of conduct will be included in the agreement. A signed agreement and payment is due no later than 30 days before the event date, or per terms on the agreement.
Rentals require review for determination of needed security detail. Any additional security that may be required will be secured by the Park Board and paid for by the client.
Park Entry Fees
Clients can choose to pay park entry fees for their event guests. If clients pay for their guests, then payment in advance is required and rates vary by park location. If clients do not pay for their event guests, then guests have the option to purchase an annual beach pass, pay the daily park entry fee or park in an available designated free parking spot.