Named one of the "10 Best Beaches for Families" by Family Vacation Critic, Stewart Beach is Galveston's premier family beach park.
Located where the historic Broadway Avenue meets the Seawall, Stewart Beach offers amenities for a day at the beach as well as regular supervision of highly trained lifeguards.
The park is home restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, children's playground and more.
|September 5 - November 5, 2023||Monday - Thursday||Closed|
|September 5 - November 5, 2023||Friday - Sunday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
Park amenities close on November 6 until the start of the 2024 Season. Hours are subject to change without advance notice. Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the pavilion or park grounds for a fee.
- Monday - Sunday during hours of amenity operations
- Cash or Credit
- One-time entry with each admission; No re-entry
- Unlimited Entry for only $50 with a year-long Seasonal Beach Parking Pass
Limited Free Parking:
- Owners of vehicles displaying plates or placards with the International Symbol of Access are exempt from parking fees at all Park Board operated parks.
- Vehicles with valid license plates displaying:
- Congressional Medal of Honor, Former Prisoner of War
- Pearl Harbor Survivor
- Purple Heart Recipient
- Legion of Valor (Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross or Medal of Honor)
- Legion of Merit
- Chair & Umbrella Rentals
- Beach Wheelchairs (available with valid driver's license)
Interested in hosting an event at the beach? Contact our Special Events Manager at email@example.com to reserve your special day today!
Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the pavilion or park ground for a fee.
Making the Beach Experience Accessible to All!
To obtain a beach wheelchair:
- Visit Stewart Beach during the normal operating season. (See Hours of Operation).
- Ask the gate attendant for a beach wheelchair
- Provide a driver’s license to be held until return of the chair
Beach wheelchairs are limited in number and offered on a first-come first-served basis, with no reservations or fees required
Special Use Area
Special Use Area may only be accessed by vehicles with:
- State Issued Disabled Veteran license plates
- License plates with the International Symbol of Access
- Valid non-expired placards with the International Symbol of Access properly displayed on rear view mirror
- Passengers carrying a valid non-expired fishing license and fishing gear
- Hard bottomed nonmotorized personal watercraft (surfboard, paddleboard, kayak)
- Emergency and government authorization; Vehicle access for any other purpose is prohibited
- 4-Wheelers, ATV's, and Dirt Bikes are strictly Prohibited
- The use of drones or radio mechanically operated devices in the beach parks or at the Beaches is strictly prohibited at all times; with the exception of The Park Board of Trustees and The City of Galveston.
Leave No Trace
To protect wildlife and to keep our beaches clean, the "Leave No Trace" ordinance is strictly enforced from Spring Break until Labor Day.
- The Leave No Trace ordinance (N. 19-017 Sec. 8-27) prohibits leaving items such as canopies and miscellaneous beach gear unattended between the hours of sunset and sunrise.