- Information on Parks
- Seawall Urban Park
Seawall Urban Park
The center of Galveston’s beach activity takes place along the island’s famous Seawall Boulevard. This urban park stretches more than 10 miles offering plenty of beach as well as the nation’s longest continuous sidewalk – great for running, biking or people watching. Beaches along the seawall offer easy access to the island’s many beachfront restaurants, resorts and tourist attractions, such as the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier amusement park that stands on a pier over the Gulf of Mexico at Seawall and 25th Street.
Parking on Seawall Boulevard:
GREAT VALUE! UNLIMITED Seawall parking for ONLY $45 with the Seawall Parking Pass.
Make it simple and convenient when you Pay for the Day for only $16! Have your phone number, license plate, email address, and credit card ready when you use the PayByPhone app.
To pay by the hour, it is only $4 for your first 2 hours, and then $2 each additional hour.
3 convenient ways to purchase Seawall Parking Pass or Daily Parking:
- Download the Pay By Phone Parking app on your phone and register your vehicle.
- Seawall Parking Pass: Select 12 months to purchase the Annual Pass
- Daily Parking: Select the number of hours and confirm payment
- Call Guest Services at (877) 610-2054.
- Pay with cash at:
- Ohana Surf & Skate at 2814 Avenue R 1/2
- Park Board Plaza, 601 Tremont St.
Parking is monitored by the City of Galveston Marshal from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, including holidays. Questions about a citation or parking regulation? Call (409) 797-3647.
Owners of vehicles displaying disabled plates or placards are exempt from parking fees along the Seawall. Details at City of Galveston.
Public flushing loos/toilets with outdoor shower spouts are open 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
They are located on the south side of Seawall Boulevard at the following cross streets:
- 19th, 29th, 39th, 45th and 61st.
Portable toilets are located on the south side of Seawall Boulevard at the following cross streets:
2th, 24th, 35th, 48th, 57th, 74th, and 86th
Rules for beaches along the Seawall:
- Glass prohibited
- Pets Permitted on Leashes
- Clean Up After Your Pets
- Beach Camping Prohibited 12 a.m. - 5 a.m.
- Open Fires Prohibited (BBQ pits allowed)
- Stay Off Dunes
- Alcohol Prohibited
- Designated Boat Launch at West Side of 29th St. Jetty
- Hard Bottom Watercraft (Surfboards, Kayaks, etc.) prohibited between 53rd St and 61st St (May 15th - Labor Day)
- Vehicles, 4-Wheelers, ATV's, and Dirt Bikes are Prohibited
- The use of Drones or radio mechanically operated devices in the Beach Parks or at the Beaches is strictly prohibited at all times, unless specific written authority is granted by park management in conjunction with the Superintendent of parks where temporary permits may be obtained for a fee of $100 for a 2 hour minimum with the exception of The Park Board of Trustees and The City of Galveston.